Finally finished Autumnal leaf and the base of whipstitch ‘veins’
Now this framework was in place, I re-enforced the lines with more threads.
Then, I can safely say I really went mad! I decided, on a whim, that the branches needed to be more decorative and to look more integrated with the background. The seed stitches where such a subtle way to change the appearance and I wanted to keep this part of the embroidery in the background so as not to steal attention away from the leaves.
I started with just a small branch and of course, there was no turning back.
Glad I got this stage out-of-the-way, and now I can return to pondering on the finishing frame for it???? It may take some time, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave them below in comments. I want something a little wild and unruly – neat and tidy won’t do at all 🙂 Maybe, an organic look?
I know this much:
- Slips will be too bulky and detract from the main image
- Burnt organzas and stitch – too flimsy
- I thought of covering the edges with smaller scale leaves, but I can see that as too fussy.
- I’d like to include some cutwork in there somehow, but don’t know where to start……
- Favourite at the moment for the bottom edge is a fringe of some sort but as to the sides?
So, I’m going to have a little break away for a few days and hope I find either inspiration ,or some clever little suggestions by you crafty creatives!
Sorry about the varying shots, but the weather here is so changeable and my eyeballs are full of seeds!!